Location: University of Southern Maine, Muskie School of Public Service, 34 Bedford Street (Wishcamper Building), Portland, Maine 04012, Room: 102
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Directions: Directions to Portland Campus | Campus Map
For public works directors, water utility managers, operators and maintenance staff, and finance staff
Have you wondered:
- Am I spending revenue dollars in the best way
- I can’t do everything I would like to do with my system;
- How do I decide what is best for me to do?
- Am I providing the best customer service with the resources I have?
Asset management is one way to address these questions. In the current climate of increasing regulations, decreasing revenues, and decreasing water resources, an asset management approach is vital. This workshop will provide you with tools to begin the process and understand the benefits.
- This workshop has been submitted to the state for continuing education credits.
This workshop is designed for water systems serving 10,000 or fewer people, especially targeting local government systems facing financial challenges. Owners of privately owned systems, consultants and technical assistance providers serving small water systems are also invited to attend.