Registrations have closed.
Webinar | Activated Sludge Process Control Calculations
513 513 people viewed this event.
Date and Time: 6-23-2022 @ 01:00 PM (EDT) to 6-23-2022 @ 02:00 PM (EDT)
Location: Online Event
View/Download | Presentation Slides
Description: This webinar provides an overview of activated sludge process control concepts and introduces the mathematical calculations operators will use to monitor and adjust the wastewater treatment process when operating activated sludge plants.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will have an improved understanding of activated sludge process control and will be able to perform the following:
- Calculate solids concentrations and weight of solids in the activated sludge process
- Calculate Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) concentrations in wastewater
- Use Food to Microorganism (F:M) ratios for activated sludge process control
- Use cell residence time equations, including MCRT for activated sludge process control
- Determine Return Activated Sludge and Waste Activated Sludge flow rates necessary to meet process control parameters
- Use sludge density and volume index calculations to evaluate plant performance
Presenter: Gregory Pearson, Water and Wastewater Trainer, Great Lakes Environmental Infrastructure Center at Michigan Technological University
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving wastewater systems