Tackle the Technical, Managerial, and Financial Challenges of Your Water or Wastewater System Head-on: Services from the EFCN
We offer free services to water and wastewater systems, local governments, and others who seek technical, managerial, and financial solutions to environmental infrastructure challenges. By meeting communities where they are, our team of experts work hand-in-hand with operators, elected officials, utility directors, and other water system staff to identify barriers and take on technical, managerial, and financial challenges.
We Specialize in Helping Small Water & Wastewater Systems
Small drinking water systems serving 10,000 or fewer people or small wastewater systems with an average daily wastewater flow of less than 1 million gallons per day are eligible for free assistance. If we can’t help you, we will work hard to link you with another provider.
What Kind of Assistance Can EFCN Provide for Your Small Water or Wastewater System?
If you choose to request assistance via our form, please know that we will not share your contact information and will only use it to follow-up with you on your request.
- Creating an asset management plan
- Near-term financial planning and rate setting
- Analyzing your revenues and expenses
- Offering ideas on how to effectively budget
- Assessing options to lower energy bills
- Water loss auditing and mapping breaks
- Assessing vulnerability to hazards and planning for climate-related threats
- Identifying sources of outside funding
- Collaborating with other water systems
- Long-term capital planning
- Technical topics such as chlorine disinfection, water math, and more
- Succession plan development
- Job description review
- Salary studies or comparisons