Webinar | Financial Benchmarking for Small Water and Wastewater Systems
View/Download | Presentation Slides
Description: This webinar will discuss how to think about water and wastewater systems as a financial entity and will examine the key financial indicators that allow systems to make informed decisions in planning and investment. Participants will learn how to calculate and interpret a system’s operating ratio, debt service coverage ratio, current ratio, and days of cash on hand. We will also discuss how funders use these numbers in deciding whether or not to loan systems money needed for capital improvements.
- How to incorporate good financial practices when setting budgets
- Learn how to calculate and interpret basic financial benchmarks
- Learn how to plan for current and future capital investment needs
Presenters: Kristen Downs, Project Director, and Anna Patterson, Project Director, Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
Please Note: This webinar has NOT been submitted for approval of continuing education credit. We can provide a certificate of attendance to eligible attendees, but cannot guarantee it will meet your PDH or CEU requirements.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems