USVI Online Training | Sampling Plans for Drinking Water Managers
*Please Note: The registration page says Eastern Time, but this training is being held in Atlantic Standard Time. These time zones are the same.
Description: This training covers basic principals required in the selection and preparation of sampling plans for the collection of drinking water samples. We will review how to draft sampling plans for source water sampling, entry point sampling and distribution system sampling, while highlighting the different contaminants that are required to be sampled at each of these locations as part of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). Water managers, owners, samplers and decision-makers are encouraged to attend.
- Learn about the different sample locations and how to identify them
- Identify the samples that are required to be collected at each sample location
- Know how to identify and choose good sample sites
- Know how to complete a sample plan and the items that need to be included
- Identify when to update your current sample plan
Trainer: Rose Afandi, Tribal Drinking Water Program Specialist, Southwest Environmental Finance Center at the University of New Mexico
Who Should Attend:
- Water managers, owners, and operators
- Business managers and operators of business water systems
- Decision-makers for all water systems
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems