Registrations have closed.
MA Online Training | Recruiting Your Water Workforce: Messaging Practices for Local Government and Utility Employers
by Averi Davis
347 347 people viewed this event.
Date and Time: 11-10-2022 @ 10:00 AM (EDT) to 11-10-2022 @ 11:30 AM (EDT)
Location: Online Event
Description: Join us for a short 1.5-hour training for local government and water utility leaders. A skilled workforce is critical to maintaining public works and water services. Learn about the components of water workforce planning, with a special focus on messaging and recruitment. How can local governments and utilities reach the right people to run your communities and systems? How can we inspire a new generation to take on future challenges?
- Outreach techniques for reaching the appropriate audience
- How to create interest in water careers
- Latest employment trends to help inform your search
- Best practices for recruiting water professionals at the local levels
- Tools for presenting your workforce needs to Select Boards and Town Councils
Trainers: Tess Clark, Program Manager, & Patrick Lynch, Program Manager, Syracuse University Environmental Finance Center
CEUs: Approved for 1.5 TCHs for Wastewater Operators by Massachusetts DEP.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems