Date(s) - 09/09/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Median household income can inform how managers and utility staff make financial and managerial decisions, and can also be an important data point for potential funders and loan programs. In this 1-hour webinar, you will learn:
- How to determine if your system could benefit from an income survey
- How income surveys can benefit decision-making
- How it could help you develop a stronger capital improvement plan
- Gain knowledge on the MHI process, how and when to get started
- How to determine who conducts the survey, and who’s going to pay for it
Jean Thompson, Environmental Finance Center at the Rural Community Assistance Corp, RDS III
Jean Thompson joined RCAC in 2003. She provides water and wastewater technical assistance and training to rural communities; develops corrective action plans to improve operational performance; assists systems to determine their capacity to maintain and operate according to state, federal, and local rules and regulations; and assists communities to obtain funding to help meet regulatory compliance. Ms. Thompson also provides technical assistance on budgeting and financial management. Throughout her career, she has researched, developed and submitted written reports, feasibility studies and rate analysis documentation to local community and utility decision makers.