Date(s) - 08/09/2017 - 08/10/2017
12:00 am iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Pennichuck Water Works
Please Note – The address for this workshop has changed to: Pennichuck Water Works, 16 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack, NH
Times for this two-day workshop are as follows:
August 9-10, 2017
Day 1: 8:30am-5pm
Day 2: 8:30am-12:30pm
Strong communication and decision-making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water utility managers, operators, and finance staff needs to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
– Gain support from the community, board, regulatory bodies, and funding agencies for decisions involving rates, budgets, and improvements;
– Reduce conflict and increase participation in decision-making;
– Create compelling communications to change awareness, attitudes, and behaviors;
– Create a motivated, adaptive, and safe work environment; and
– Improve staff collaboration and participation in decision-making process.
Trainer: Sarah Diefendorf, Director and Lauralee Barbaria, Associate Director – EFC West
Contact: Jessica Eckerlin
Who Should Attend: This workshop is designed for water systems serving 10,000 or fewer people (though systems of any size may attend), especially targeting local government systems facing financial challenges. Owners of privately owned systems, consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems are also invited to attend.
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.