Date(s) - 09/26/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
MDNR Southwest Regional Office
Training Hours: Approved for 5.5 renewal training hours for Missouri Drinking Water Treatment, Distribution, Wastewater. (Course number: 1805636)
With limited revenues, aging infrastructure, rising energy costs and regulatory obligations to meet, a comprehensive approach to managing your system is vital. You may have problems related to unknown meter, valve, or hydrant locations. You may not be sure of which asset(s) to replace given limited funds. Energy expenses can be as high as 40 percent of operating costs, and those costs will likely increase 20% over the next 15 years. This Asset Management and Energy Efficiency workshop can help you solve these problems, and more.
We will explore:
– What asset management is and how it can help your utility
– Levels and types of information your utility should gather on system assets
– How asset management planning can lead to increased reliability and public health protection
– Factors to consider in prioritizing operations and maintenance of critical assets
– Common energy savings opportunities in water supply and treatment systems
– Information on funding opportunities for energy efficiency efforts from the Missouri Department of Economic Development
Trainer: Jerry Blain – Project Associate, WSU Environmental Finance Center
Contact: Leslie Kimble, email@example.com
Who Should Attend:
• Managers, owners, and operators of small water systems serving less than 10,000 people, including local government systems and tribal systems, as well as all other types of water systems, such as: homeowners associations, mobile home parks, resorts/campgrounds, schools, prisons, and more
• Decision-makers for water utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
• Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.