Date(s) - 11/08/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Kent District Library Meeting Center
CECs: This workshop has been approved for 0.5 managerial CECs (drinking water) by the State of Michigan DEQ Drinking Water Advisory Board of Examiners. Course #: 2755
Cost: Complimentary. Lunch will be provided by Michigan Technological University’s Civil & Environmental Engineering Department.
In this workshop, you will learn about how asset management can benefit your system. Not sure where to begin? We will explain how to get started with asset management and point you to resources you need.
With limited revenues, aging infrastructure, and regulatory obligations to meet, a comprehensive approach to managing your system is vital. You may have problems related to unknown meter, valve, or hydrant locations. You may not be sure of which asset(s) to replace given limited funds. Asset Management can help you solve these problems, and more.
You will learn how to:
– Identify the 5 core components of asset management
– Develop an inventory of utility components
– Identify critical assets for sustained operations
– Make decisions about how to operate, maintain, repair, and
replace those assets
– Set goals for level of service at a sustainable cost
Who Should Attend:
• Managers, owners, and operators of small water systems serving less than 10,000 people, including local government systems and tribal systems, as well as all other types of water systems, such as: homeowners associations, mobile home parks, resorts/campgrounds, schools, prisons, and more
• Decision-makers for water utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
• Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems
Trainer: Heather Himmelberger – Director, Southwest Environmental Finance Center
Contact: Tara Hackel, email@example.com
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.