Registrations have closed.
MI Training | 2022 Introduction to Water Asset Management for Michigan Small Systems
230 230 people viewed this event.
Date and Time: 7-12-2022 @ 08:00 AM (EDT) to 7-12-2022 @ 04:30 PM (EDT)
Location: 80 Livingston Blvd, Gaylord, MI 49735
Description: Many small utilities are faced with challenges, such as limited revenue and aging infrastructure, as they strive to meet the needs of their communities. Attendees will learn about the benefits and core components of water asset management and how they can begin creating an asset inventory and an actionable plan to improve the capacity and sustainability of their utility.
- Identify the 5 core components of asset management
- Develop an inventory of utility components
- Identify critical assets for sustained operations
- Make decisions about how to operate, maintain, repair, and replace those assets
- Set goals for level of service at a sustainable cost
Trainer: Gregory Pearson, Water and Wastewater Trainer, Great Lakes Environmental Infrastructure Center at Michigan Technological University
Continuing Education Units: Approved for 0.6 Managerial CECs for drinking water operators by EGLE.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people
- Decision-makers for water utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems
Venue Name - University Center at Gaylord