MA Online Training | Managing Your Water System Into the Future
Attention: You must use the Syracuse University Zoom registration link in order to register for this event.
Description: Do you have the money you need for operations and capital? The right people you need to run your system? This workshop provides an overview of skills and information to help manage your water and/or wastewater system successfully now and into the future, including financial planning and benchmarking, and workforce planning.
- Understanding the components of utility management
- Thinking critically about financial and human resources for the future of your system
- Communicating your plans and financial needs to decision-makers and the public
Trainers: Kristen Downs, PhD, Project Director, UNC Environmental Finance Center and Patrick Lynch, JD, MPA, Program Manager, Syracuse University Environmental Finance Center
Certificate: We are inquiring about wastewater CEUs for this training but cannot guarantee that it will be approved. Regardless, we will be providing a certificate of attendance for eligible attendees. To be eligible, you must attend the entire training and register and attend using your real name and unique email address.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems