KY Online Training | Managing Your Wastewater System Into the Future
Note: This is a two-part training over the course of two days. In order to successfully complete the workshop, you must attend both days, two hours per day (four hours total).
- Wed, Oct 18, 2023 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
- Thu, Oct 19, 2023 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Description: Do you have the money you need for operations and capital? Are you proactively managing and saving to replace your assets? The right people you need to run your system? This workshop provides an overview of the technical, managerial, and financial skills and information to help manage your water and/or wastewater (W&WW) system successfully now and into the future, including financial planning, benchmarking, physical assets, and workforce development.
- Understand the components of utility management
- Learn about environmental finance, financial benchmarking, and rate-setting
- Think critically about financial, physical, and human resources for the future of your system
- Communicate your plans and financial needs to decision makers and the public
Trainers: Kristen Downs, PhD, Project Director, and Melanie Sanchez, Project Director, UNC Environmental Finance Center
Continuing Education Credit: This training has been approved for 4.0 hours of Wastewater and Drinking Water Continuing Education Credits by the Kentucky EEC.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems