IN Training | Asset Management for Indiana Wastewater Systems
Location: Columbus City Utilities Wastewater Treatment Plant; 3465 Jonesville Road, Columbus, IN 47201
Description: With limited revenues, aging infrastructure, and regulatory obligations to meet, a comprehensive approach to managing your wastewater system is vital. What information will be useful to you? How should you track your system assets? How does your aging infrastructure impact your service and expenses? Which asset(s) should you replace given limited funds and how should you prioritize replacement? How do you know how much money you might need? Asset management provides a framework to help you solve these problems, and more.
This training begins by covering Asset Management’s core components and the overall Asset Management thought-process, before focusing more specifically on the practical application of asset management concepts for data-informed decision-making using real-world examples.
- Understanding how the practical implementation of asset management core components benefits wastewater systems dealing with aging infrastructure
- Understand how data can be used to define and track a utility’s mission and goals
- Discuss techniques, tools, and examples for developing asset inventories and what information should be included in them for robust decision making
- Know how to develop condition assessment scales and calculate asset criticality
- Understand how to effectively manage assets by tracking associated costs and activities
Trainer: Dawn Nall, Research Engineer, Southwest Environmental Finance Center
CECs: This training has been approved for 5.5 hours of Wastewater Operator/Apprentice Continuing Education Credits by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving wastewater systems
Venue Name - Columbus City Utilities Wastewater Treatment Plant