POSTPONED | GA Training | Managing Your Water System Into the Future
Important Notice: This training has been POSTPONED until further notice. Please watch out for emails from the EFCN to learn when it has been rescheduled, or visit this page.
Location: University of North Georgia, Professional & Continuing Education Room #101; 25 Schultz Avenue, Dahlonega, GA 30533
Description: Running a small system can be challenging. Along with meeting regulatory obligations and satisfying customer expectations, you may have issues with aging infrastructure, lack of personnel, and limited financial resources. Furthermore, small systems often cost more to operate per capita than large systems because of economy of scale. In this workshop you will learn financial management and rate setting strategies to help improve your financial sustainability. There will also be a session of funding and financing opportunities in the state of Georgia.
You will learn how to:
- Use financial benchmarks to evaluate your system’s financial performance and plan for financial sustainability
- Understand asset management concepts and techniques for long-term financial performance
- Rate-setting strategies and concepts for zero cost recovery
- Understand how financial sustainability influences access to grant and funding opportunities
Trainers: Melanie Sanchez, Project Director; and Emma Copenhaver, Project Analyst, UNC Environmental Finance Center
CEs: This course is approved for 6 Management and Safety (MS) points by the Georgia State Board of Examiners for Certification of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators and Laboratory Analysts.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems
Venue Name - University of North Georgia, Professional & Continuing Education Room #101