Date(s) - 03/16/2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
2-3pm EST, 1-2pm CST, 12-1pm MST, 11am-12pm PST
Tune in for a free, 60-minute, interactive webinar to learn about the new, online, Massachusetts Water and Wastewater Rates Dashboard, as well as information about benchmarks for sustainable rates and finances for your system. The Dashboard features data from Tighe & Bond, Inc.’s annual water and wastewater rates survey, and was constructed in close collaboration with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection’s Drinking Water Program.
- Four benchmarking dials (rates comparison, conservation pricing signal, affordability, and cost recovery)
- A statewide map, rate increase simulation slider, and fast load and response times
- Compatibility with tablet devices (e.g. iPad)
The Massachusetts Rates Dashboard is a great tool to help utility managers, finance directors, council/board members and others evaluate their rates, benchmark rates with other utilities, and determine if utility rates are encouraging conservation and covering costs of operations and capital. It can also serve as a communications tool for explaining utility rates and finance concepts to a variety of audiences.
– David Tucker, Project Director, Environmental Finance Center at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
– Mary Beth Morris, Vice President, Tighe & Bond, Inc.