Date(s) - 09/27/2017 - 09/28/2017
12:00 am iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Durango Community Recreation Center
Day 1: 8:00am-4:30pm
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
Strong communication and decision-making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water utility managers, operators, and finance staff needs to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
– Gain support from the community, board, regulatory bodies, and funding agencies for decisions involving rates, budgets, and improvements;
– Reduce conflict and increase participation in decision-making;
– Create compelling communications to change awareness, attitudes, and behaviors;
– Create a motivated, adaptive, and safe work environment; and
– Improve staff collaboration and participation in decision-making process.
Trainer: Sarah Diefendorf, Director – EFC West, Dominican University of California
Contact: Jessica Eckerlin