Date(s) - 10/29/2020
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Improving Financial Reporting for Water Infrastructure Facilities
October 29, 2020
Join this webinar to hear a unique case study of the West Basin Municipal Water District’s experience managing their primary facility assets. Margaret Moggia, Executive Manager of Finance for the West Basin Municipal Water District, will share how the District leveraged their Operations Department’s efforts in asset management. This allowed the District to improve their financial reporting of capital assets by developing a way to componentize its existing water facility assets with the appropriate useful life, and remove certain duplicate assets. In addition, you will learn best practices related to asset management developed by the Government Finance Officers Association, and how to use asset management practices boost partnership and regionalization efforts.
• Learn how an organization separates assets
• Understand ways to collaborate outside of your department
• Understand ways to leverage inter-connective opportunities
• Gain understanding of GFOA best practices related to asset management
• Margaret Moggia, Executive Manager of Finance for West Basin Municipal Water District, Current GFOA Board Member , Past President for California Society of Municipal Water District (CSMFO)
• Khristopher A Dodson, Associate Director, Syracuse University Environmental Finance Center
• Eva Olsaker, Senior Manager, GFOA