Date(s) - 06/15/2016
9:00 am - 3:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
If your system is impacted by drought, now or in the future, this workshop is for you. There are several strategies you can use to mitigate the impacts of drought.
YOU WILL LEARN…
• How to manage water losses and conduct a water audit: Controlling water losses can increase utility revenues, decrease costs and energy use, improve water quality, and protect water resources. We will follow the AWWA Water Audit Methodology and the associated M36 Manual as the basis for this discussion.
• How your revenues may be impacted by conservation: Drought can also lead to a decrease in system revenue when customers conserve water or utilities institute water use restriction. We will discuss rate structure issues that lead to this challenge and ways to address it.
• How to work with other utilities to solve problems: Formal and informal collaboration approaches and associated challenges will be presented.
• What funding opportunities and other resources are available for water utilities
• How to better communicate with customers
• How weather conditions may impact your utility
This workshop is designed for decision-makers, board and council members, public works managers and directors.
Cost: FREE. Please register to reserve your spot.
CEUs: This workshop has been submitted to the state for CEUs.
Trainer: Heather Himmelberger, Director, Southwest Environmental Finance Center
Contact: Susan Butler, email@example.com
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.