Date(s) - 07/30/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
This webinar is approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit for licensed drinking water operators in North Carolina. Please note: participants must follow all attendance procedures in order to receive credit.
Water systems can download and use spreadsheet tools from the Environmental Finance Center at UNC to assist in financial management decisions. EFC staff can also work one-on-one with water systems serving fewer than 10,000 people in using these tools to help with financial planning. Attend this webinar to learn about these free resources to help you:
• Forecast your revenue losses from COVID-19 conditions, and for how long your system can weather those losses
• Assess the financial performance of your water system Enterprise Fund
• Assess and set rates that will generate enough revenues to cover your expenses
• Determine if your water rates are unaffordable to many customers in your area, and how much it would take to fund a Customer Assistance Program
• Plan for different options to fund your capital projects in a feasible way
• Identify the funding programs in NC that may provide grants and low-interest loans for your capital projects
Presenter: Shadi Eskaf, Research Director, EFC at UNC
Please Note: You must register and attend individually. We cannot provide certificates to individuals watching the webinar as a group.
If you require a certificate:
– Each viewer must register and attend individually, and participate for the entire duration of the webinar
-You must abide by the 100% attendance policy for NC water operator certification.
-You must log in to the webinar on a device where you can see the presentation and participate in polls; calling in via phone WITHOUT logging in to view the presentation will not be sufficient.
– You cannot watch the webinar in a group without being logged into your own device and completing poll questions.
EFCN will provide a roster to the NC water operator certification program within 10 days of the broadcast and provide certificates to attendees that meet the 100% attendance requirement.
We recommend that you check with your licensing agency to learn about its criteria, rules, and what you need to do in order to receive credit for your attendance. It is your responsibility to verify this information with your licensing agency.