Date(s) - 09/14/2016 - 09/15/2016
8:30 am - 5:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Please note the times for this two-day workshop are as follows:
Day 1: September 14 – 8:30am-5:00pm
Day 2: September 15 – 8:30am-12:30pm
Strong communication and decision making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water and wastewater utility managers, water and wastewater operators, and finance staff need to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
In this workshop, attendees learned how to:
- gain support from the community, board, regulatory bodies, and funding agencies for decisions involving rates, budgets, and improvements;
- reduce conflict and increase participation in decision-making;
- create compelling communications to change awareness, attitudes, and behaviors;
- create a motivated, adaptive, and safe work environment; and
- improve staff collaboration and participation in decision-making processes.
Cost: FREE. Please register to reserve your spot.
CEUs: This workshop has been approved by the state for 10 TCHs.
Trainers: Sarah Diefendorf, Director and Lauralee Barbaria, Associate Director – EFC West
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.