Date(s) - 08/30/2016 - 08/31/2016
8:30 am - 5:00 pm iCal (add to your calendar)
Register Fill out form below to register for this event.
Carol Joy Holling Center
Please note the times for this two-day workshop are as follows:
Day 1: August 30, 2016 – 8:30am-5:00pm
Day 2: August 31, 2016 – 8:30am-12:30pm
Strong communication and decision making skills make a successful leader, and leadership happens at every level. Public works directors, water utility managers, operators, and finance staff need to effectively communicate with rate payers, boards, funding and regulatory agencies, and staff. Good communication and decision-making skills improve effectiveness, from internal decision-making processes to communicating with regulatory bodies, ratepayers, and funding agencies.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- gain support from the community, board, regulatory bodies, and funding agencies for decisions involving rates, budgets, and improvements;
- reduce conflict and increase participation in decision-making;
- create compelling communications to change awareness, attitudes, and behaviors;
- create a motivated, adaptive, and safe work environment; and
- improve staff collaboration and participation in decision-making processes.
This workshop is designed for local government drinking water system managers, clerks, treasurers, elected officials, and others who budget and/or set rates.
Cost: FREE. Please register to reserve your spot.
CEUs: This workshop has been approved for 8.5 hours for water operator grades I-IV.
Trainers: Sarah Diefendorf, Director and Lauralee Barbaria, Associate Director – EFC West
Contact: Khris Dodson, email@example.com
Register for Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.